Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day of Hope

As many of you know, we suffered the loss of Virginia in May but are also going through a miscarriage now (I would be almost 11 weeks). This has been so difficult over the past couple of months. It's so hard because we want to talk about Virginia and this baby but society some times dismisses these lives because "something was wrong with the baby".


Today has been designated as a Day of Hope (by the people who do To Write Their Names in the Sand). It is a day to speak out about miscarriage, stillbirth and loss of life after birth.


I can't tell you how touching it was to see soo many of my facebook friends change their pictures to remember the children that they have lost. It is so terribly sad but thankfully we now have a day dedicated to bringing awareness that the loss of life no matter how early is awful and should be openly talked about by those around us.

Today, we REMEMBER these little ones and so many others ...

11 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you as your familyy walks through this time. I loved the Day of Hope pics. My favorite was the All Children are Miracles one...that's the one I put on my facebook profile on August 19th. I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I wanted to let you know that I am featuring your blog this week on Walking With You. Praying that you will find comfort and peace in the arms of the Lord this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the MC you are currently going thru. (((hugs))) Remembering your babies with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Holly & Kelly! It is so hard to be going through this miscarriage now knowing that Virginia's due date is coming up on September 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over to say hello to you from Kelly's blog. I am so sorry for the loss you have suffered. Holding you in my heart and praying for you. I have a blog called For Your Tears and I would love to mail you a handkerchief. Holly was the second one I ever mailed out. I have since sent out over 230. When you are ready just send me an email at dpucci9972@gmail.com
    Take care and God Bless. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Debby! What an awesome ministry that you have too--I will definitely check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, I am so, so sorry to hear about your babies. My heart aches for you. Thank you for sharing Virginia's story and the news of your miscarriage. I have found this online community of babyloss mamas to be so very special, and I am praying for your peace as you grieve your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very sorry for your losses. The death of children is a horrible thing to face, and I couldn't have faced my loss without the Lord and His greatness. Praying for peace for your hearts...(((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you, Virginia and your little one today. Thank you for sharing their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone--your commments have meant so much to us especially this week and Virginia's due date is coming up on September 3rd--that day is also 4 months since she was born and possibly will be the day that we have a D&C if it is still needed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm praying for you & so sorry to hear of your losses. Praying for a peaceful day on Virginia's due date. I came by from walking with you & your in my prayers so much.

    {{HUGS}}
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Caroline--we are trying to make some plans to remember Virginia on her due date in a special way--hopefully by making a scrapbook and stopping by the cemetery

    ReplyDelete