Monday, August 2, 2010

Untitled

I thought that this week was going to be one of the best weeks in my life. Tim & I had been keeping a little secret--we found out that we were pregnant on July 3 which was the halfway point between Virginia's birth and delivery date. This was also my grandpa's birthday and the baby was going to be due March 12 which is near my grandma's birthday. We thought that this baby was a miracle and that we would have a healthy little baby.

Unfortunately, I had a little trouble and went to the dr. I had to go in by myself because Tim had to stay home with Josiah and the little girl I was babysitting. The dr. finally saw me at about 6 pm and did an u/s but could not see everything and then did an internal one. He and the nurse kept looking at the screen without saying anything. He finally said that he did not see the heartbeat--he said that at 8 weeks he should have no problem seeing the heartbeat. He said that I should get in contact with Dr. N. to see if he thought we should do a chromosome study on the baby. To say that I was devastated would be an understatement--I began crying and continued as I was walking down the hall--the dr. saw me and gave me a hug :)

I started calling people on the way home as I bawled my eyes out--I could not believe that this was happening again to me. We had an u/s at 5 weeks and saw the sac--today I could see the baby (which I could not see last time) so he said that the baby had definitely grown a lot in the three weeks. It also looked like the baby had just passed because it was measuring at 8 weeks 1 day and I was probably about 8 weeks 2 days.

Now we have to try to figure out what to do ....

No comments:

Post a Comment