Sunday, August 8, 2010

My birthday

I celebrated my birthday today even though I did not want to. I'm not that much of a birthday person anyway and then to know that I am waiting on miscarrying our miracle baby seemed like only too much to handle.

We actually went out to my brother and sister in laws to celebrate the baptism of my twin nieces. We did not go to the actual service because it was a little too hard after realizing that we have lost two babies in the last three months but we were there for the celebration afterwards. I really enjoyed seeing the girls again and was able to hold Gloriana for a long time.

After we got home, Tim gave me this beautiful picture frame with Virginia's name drawn in the sand (To Write Their Names in the Sand did it a while ago). It is absolutely beautiful and was the perfect gift for me as I remember my sweet little girl and await the miscarriage.


3 comments:

  1. Hoping that your next birthday passes with more happiness than sadness. Each of my miscarriages happened within a week of my husband's and my birthdays, so I understand the tugs on your heart. I'm glad you were able to still celebrate your nieces' baptism when your arms ache for your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. My husband and I just had an ultrasound today and the baby has a cystic hygroma which indicates any variety of chromosomal abnormalities. Worse yet, there was no heartbeat or blood flowing through the umbilical cord. I'm 9 weeks, 5 days and that's exactly what the baby measured, so it must have happened very recently. This is our fifth pregnancy, second miscarriage. We've chosen to wait it out and let God finish what He began in His own time, but I pray that it's sooner than later. Waiting to miscarry is one of the worst experiences I've ever been through (same thing happened with our first pregnancy). Still, I'm thankful for a loving husband and the three beautiful, healthy children we do have (we weren't sure we'd ever have any--tried for over 6 years before conceiving the first one!). Anyway, blessings to you and may other people find comfort here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss--there are just no words to say when these things happen--we will be praying for you and your family as you await the miscarriage. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete