Saturday, April 21, 2012

Glory to God

It was 2 years ago today that we received the dreaded words that Virginia was no longer with us but was instead dancing with the angels. You can read more about that here.

Last year we announced on facebook and shared with family and friends that we wanted to do a donation to the Haven Network. We were so thankful for the outpouring of love and support from family and friends as they were able to bless so many families with their donations. You can read more about that day here.

We were not sure what to do with this date. April 21st for me is such a hard date because that was the day that I knew that all hope for a miraculous healing for our baby was indeed gone. It was also scary because I was not sure how my body would respond to labor (which it didn't do very well). I was really struggling with some pretty serious anxiety a couple of weeks ago and asked for prayers from people who have been on a similar road and this last week has been so much better. We are so thankful for the prayers.

I talked to my mom and said that we really want to bless other people and we were talking about giving a donation to The Haven Network or Sufficient Grace Ministries. My mom reminded me that we should save some of the stuff for our hospice (it is taking a little time with the hospital and the OB). Little did I know that God had another plan and that we would unfortunately have to use some of our supplies. Within the last week we have given out two packages for families in the area who have lost their babies. We are so thankful that our donations can be used in memory of our children in order to bring glory to God. We continue to lift up these families in our prayers as they mourn the lives of their daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment